Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Jackson Hole

We had a fabulous trip to Jackson Hole, Wyoming, over the 24th holiday. My friends parents have a cabin about 45 min out of Jackson that they were kind enough to let us stay at. There were 4 families that went out all together. We had a blast. The total came out to be 9 adults, 9 kids, and 3 dogs. Lots of chaos!!!

We picked 1 day out of the 4 and made a caravan up to into town. I was a little shocked that it wasn't a little more like Park City. I guess I had the total wrong impression about what I was going to see. It was beautiful, of course, just not what I was expecting. I thouhgt there would be big lodges and hotels. Not the case. We didn't shop, but I here that is great as well.

We stopped at a pizza place in town to have some lunch. It was called Mountain High Pizza. I can't tell you how delicious it was. Great pizza!!! After lunch, we headed up to Jenny Lake in the Grand Teton National Forest. Absolutely beautiful!!! The kids all stripped down and went swimming in the lake while they guys went fishing. After a little hike to find a good spot, of course.

Our last stop after we left Jenny Lake was about 20 more minutes into the canyon to Jackson Lake. There is a big lodge with a bunch of cottages that you can stay in. The best part of it was the view out of the window out onto the lake at the mountains. The Teton mountains are incredible. We have wonderful mountains here but these are shaped totally different and were so awesome. My camera decided to stop working the night before so I was really sad not to get pics of them.

Here are some of the pics that I did get before my camera died. We had so much fun with everyone. Thanks to Jenni and Brent for inviting us and I hope we can go again next year!!



















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home